Another Chance at a Prize
We are looking for the most entertaining Gaelic meme and have some fantastic mobile phone film making and photography accessories up for grabs for the winner! A magnetic tripod will be sent to the maker of the judges' favourite meme as well as some clip-on lenses and an LED light.
Here are the fantastic accessories in action! To be in with a chance of winning this bundle, post your Gaelic memes using this year's posters to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using @ or #FilmG. Schools may submit entries via email.
If you're not sure where to start, here's our step-by-step guide:
They can be done on mobile phone Apps; using online tools like https://imgflip.com/memegenerator; or if you wanted to, using image editing software like Photoshop.
These tools are being developed and added to every day, but below are instructions for how to use https://imgflip.com/memegenerator although this is very similar to how you would do it using mobile phone Apps.
- Choose the FilmG poster image you’d like to make the meme with – thinking of something funny that can go with it
- You’ll have to save the image to your computer/mobile or take a screen grab
- You don’t have to use the entire poster image, you can choose one specific part and crop out the rest
- Visit https://imgflip.com/memegenerator or open the meme generating App on your mobile
- Upload your image to memegenerator
- Think back to what you wanted to write, it’s often easier to write it out in Word or an email so that the grave accents are picked up
- Choose where you’re going to post your text. The punchline should be contained in the second line, but you can keep all the text at the top, at the bottom or split between the two. These text boxes can be moved and resized
- Tick the box to make your meme private (this will allow you to download your meme easier) and then press “Generate meme” and your meme is ready. Click “Download Image” or take a screen grab to save it
- To enter the competition post your image on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with the hastag #FilmG
*Terms and conditions apply*